Sunday, August 23, 2015

Heartbreak Map

In Class we made heartbreak maps to talk about the things that we're passionate about and what we love about those things. A heartbreak map can be done in many ways but I chose to do mine with the things I am passionate about on the right side and on the left side I wrote about what breaks my heart about these things.  The main topic I feel passionate about is autistic children and how they are often times treated as less than our equals. I hate seeing someone being treated badly just because of a disability. Everyone should be treated fairly and there are many cases where the kid doesn't know they have a disability so they are confused why other kids are mean to them. I think a possible solution to this, is to encourage parents to talk to their younger children about disabilities and why we should treat everyone equally.

3 comments:

  1. Loren,

    Congratulations on your first blog post. I agree, acceptance of others begins at a very early age and without a doubt, equality and acceptance is such crucial qualities to be taught early on.

    Mr. Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I want to spread autism awareness to younger kids because at that age, many kids don't filter what they say and words can be very hurtful.

      Delete
  2. Loren - I am so interested to hear about your experience working with children with autism, and to see how this idea transforms into a passion project for you. Looking forward to an awesome year!

    Mrs. McNeilly

    ReplyDelete