Sunday, September 6, 2015

Shark Tank

I presented my Shark Tank to the class and I also recieved a lot of good feedback.  Everyone had to present their idea the way contestants would present their ideas in the tv show. The Shark Tank process really helped clarify my Genius Time project because I didn't know where I wanted to go with my project and now I have a clearer vision of what I want to do.  At one point I was going to change my project from speaking about kids with autism to something along the lines of gay marriage and accepting people who are different than us but I quickly decided to stick to my topic of autism because I felt that it was more personal to me and therefore would be easier to talk about.  After researching my topic I learned some new statistics such that autism is the fastest growing developmental disorder in the U.S.  I wasn't aware that it affected so many children in the U.S. and that boys are five times as likely to be diagnosed with autism than girls are.  One of my goals for the near future is to find a mentor who knows a lot about autism and has experience working with kids who have autism spectrum disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment