Friday, April 8, 2016

Genius Time

This week I got allot completed with my genius time project. I had my autism awareness bookmarks passed out and I also held a meeting to raise awareness. I feel like this week has been successful in terms of my project and I'm glad I was able to get everything done with the help of my classmates, teachers, and coach. Over spring break I was sending out emails to different people to get them on board with my passion project and everything turned out well. Monday through Wednesday I had my meeting on the announcements and on Wednesday, my bookmarks were passed out to students from the English teachers. Wednesday was also the day of the meeting and I had about 55 people attend. DJ, my speaker, was also great. I had several people tell me that everything he had to say was very positive and inspirational. I thought that him and his mother were both very nice people and they even followed up after the meeting with a nice email. They have a great cause going to spread autism awareness and I wish them the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment