Friday, November 6, 2015

Community Pitch Event

On Thursday, November 5th, our digcit class had a community pitch event where the parents walked around and looked at our genius projects and asked us questions about them.  The event had a great turnout and there was a good amount of parents and students there.  I was nervous about the community pitch event because public speaking can sometimes be hard for me depending on the audience.  After I got comfortable I realized there was no reason to be nervous.  Everyone was really nice and it was easy to interact with the parents and tell them about my project and what my plans were.  There were a few people who didn't say much and it could be uncomfortable when it felt like I was having a one-sided conversation.  However, I think the community pitch event turned out well and everyone did a great job with presenting their genius time project.  The event helped me become more comfortable with explaining my project to people and Mrs. Costa even offered to help me spread awareness around the school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment