Sunday, November 1, 2015

Spreading Awareness

Since my last blog post I have come up with more ideas on how to spread autism awareness.  I was so overwhelmed with the idea of the genius time project because I was thinking too big.  I realized that I was trying to start with a much larger audience group than I could handle.  I have to start with my school before I can go out into the community and try to convince people of why they should donate money to an organization supporting autism.  My plan is to pass out pins to people that they can wear on their shirts in order to spread autism awareness.  My hope is that people will see the pins and ask what they're about and it will get the idea in their minds that autism is something that should be recognized more.  I don't think many people realize how many are living on the spectrum.  More than 3.5 million people are living on the spectrum and every 1 in 68 children are diagnosed. I want to bring attention to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment